Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween

I love Halloween. Every year the husband and I decorate the house and hand out candy. When I say we decorate the house, I mean we put up a HUGE display with animatronics and fog machines and skeltons everywhere. Kids and families come from all over to trick-or-treat and see what we've done new each year. This year we had an awesome set up, but I have to admit that it was really hard to be helpful and efficient at six months pregnant. The whole day was spent on my feet trying to be helpful in setting up, cleaning and then handing out candy to droves of kids until tear-down at 9:45pm. Usually I can survive Halloween on nothing but candy and pizza and take three Advil the next day to recover. Not so much when a second person wants to eat too and my body quits on me at 8pm and Advil is off the table. Lame. I feel like crap today. It feels like a terrible hangover without the fun of being crazy drunk the night before. On top of that, I skipped working out today in favor of trying to relax. The most I did was two laps around Target looking at more crap I didn't need to buy, but wanted. Bonus, I am super excited to dress my baby up next year in a variety of nerdy costumes and parade him around. Today though I'm just going to sit here and nurse my swollen cankles.

No comments:

Post a Comment