Saturday, November 5, 2016

Criers and Runners

Halloween is the BEST holiday. I start burning my pumpkin scented candles like the basic white girl I am starting in September, so by late October I'm in full Halloween mode. We also put up the biggest display in the neighborhood. We get tons of trick-or-treaters...and a surprising amount of drunk parents/adults who come by just to see everything. We go through bags of candy and see all kinds of awesome costumes. The badge of honor our display wears is given by all the little kids who either burst into tears both before and during an attempt to get to the front door and the ones who take off running. Every year is spent standing in the driveway holding the candy hoping not to miss giving treats to the ones who refuse to break the plane of the property. Some won't walk on the sidewalk in front of the house. Awesome. I love all the parts of Halloween. Pumpkin carving, costumes, scary movies and of course enough candy to ensure that I push the limits of gestational diabetes. (Which I was tested for and don't have!) I can't wait to be able to dress this kid up in all kinds of nerdtastic costumes and parade him around while teaching him to appreciate all the amazing decorations people put up. I'm already thinking about the cheesy family costumes we can do next year...Beetlejuice, Addams Family, classic movie monsters... I always suffer feeling a little down in the first week of November. Good thing I have this little dancer in my belly to keep me company and remind me that there's a lot more to look forward to in the next three months!

No comments:

Post a Comment